Currently, there’s no specific Argos student discount, but there are many discounts and offers students can take advantage off.
Argos is the perfect store for students – it offers everything you need (except food!). From televisions to workout gear, kitchen electronics to crockery, if you need something, chances are, Argos has it. And there’s good news for students, Argos always has a range of deals and offers are here to help save you a few pennies.
Argos has a great section for students – Uni essentials. You’ll find everything you need for your studies, as well as plenty of top offers to save you a few quid too. Invest in laptops from £129.99 and save money on fresh bedding ready for your dorm room. Don’t forget to browse the deals on dinner plates and cutlery – you’ll likely need a few sets after all.
Argos saving tips
While you might not be able to get your hands on specific student deals at Argos, here are other ways you can save. Check out some budget-busting deals below.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday
Argos has historically taken part in the yearly Black Friday extravaganza. So, if you can wait until then (for 2021, it’s 26th November), then it might be worth waiting to see if there are any reductions. While traditionally Black Friday deals have been restricted to the day itself, more and more retailers are now starting their deals earlier and extending their offers over several weeks.
Plus, there’s always Cyber Monday for bagging yourself a saving on the latest must-have tech. Cyber Monday (the first Monday after Black Friday) features great online exclusive deals. Unlike Black Friday, where there are offers to be found both in-store and online; Cyber Monday is wholly reserved for the internet.
Another great way to save without the need for Argos student discount is by using cashback sites. Quidco offers cashback at Argos, meaning you can get money back on your favourite purchases. In fact, you can get up to £100 cashback at Argos using the cashback site – qualifying purchase, may be needed. You can find out more about Quidco and cashback by reading our handy guide.
Not as common as cashback, Airtime Rewards can help save you money on your phone bill. If your network is either 3, O2, EE, Giffgaff or Vodafone, you can sign up to Airtime Rewards by downloading the app from your phone’s app store.
- Once you’ve got the app, link your bank cards (this is so the app can register when you make a purchase)
- Shop as normal – remember, if you make random, unnecessary purchases just to make a saving, you’re not saving anything.
- Earn money towards the cost of your phone bill (depending on the price of your contract you could pay off some or all of it).
There’s no cost to you, just big savings to be had. There are over 260 store you can save at including:
- The Body Shop
- New Look
- Papa Johns
- Charlotte Tilbury
Most of the savings start at 5%, but some go up to 15% with a minimum spend. Be sure to check if it’s valid for in-store, online or both. You don’t want to miss out on big savings by purchasing something in-store, but the offer is online-only.
The Argos Card works just like a credit card. You can use it on any items sold at Argos and Habitat. The card features flexible payment options, but be sure you can comfortably afford any repayments you’ll have to make. Don’t forget, as Argos is owned by Sainsbury’s you can also do your grocery shopping using the credit card.
Credit plans are available and interest fees do apply. Remember you’ll need to pay off the whole credit card balance each month to avoid interest charges.
You can spread the cost over 12 months on items including Samsung Galaxy Buds and Samsung Galaxy tablets. Or you can spread the cost over six months on tablets when you spend £99.
Fun facts about Argos
- Argos was established in November 1972.
- It’s named after the Greek city of Argos.
- There have been over a billion prints of the famous Argos catalogue in the 50 years since the first publication. The catalogue’s production was stopped in 2020, signalling the end of an era.
- The Argos website launched in 1995.
- And the site gets more than a billion visitors each year.
- Argos is part of the Sainsbury’s group – which is why you can pick up your Argos orders from your local Sainsbury’s supermarket.
- Yes, you can use Nectar points here too.
- There’re just under 30,000 staff employed at the company.
- There are 883 stores (as of 2019).
- In 2015, Argos became the first UK retailer to hit £1 billion of sales through mobile devices.
Student discount at Argos FAQs
Does Argos have a student discount code
There’s no specific student discount at Argos, but there are plenty of ways you can save by making the most of the shop’s great sales and promotions, as well as taking advantage of the cashback and airtime deals.
Does Argos offer NHS discount?
No, there’s no NHS discount offered by Argos. But just like student discount, you can make the most of Argos’ deals throughout the year using the store’s sales and special offers.
What’s the best Argos deal?
Argos regularly give vouchers when you spend a certain amount of money. Previously, Argos had offered customers a £5 voucher for purchases over £50 and a £10 voucher when over £100 had been spent. So a 10% discount on your net purchase, but no minimum spend is required to use the voucher.