The prospect of earning some free money is pretty exciting, right? It’s our specialist subject – and something we love to share. Cryptocurrency airdrops are a particularly exciting way to get free money too. These are a way to get ahead of the crowd, sign up to a new project and be a part of a movement that is revolutionising the way the world sends and spends money.
In this guide, we’ll look at what airdrops are, how they work, where you can find them and what some of the latest free crypto airdrops are for you to take up right now.
What is an airdrop?
Let’s start at the beginning – an airdrop involves a cryptocurrency distributing coins for free to users. It’s the name given to the process of pinging free money into the wallets of users. (Sadly, the money doesn’t actually fall from the sky, but it’s a nice image!)
Why do they do this? Well, the cryptocurrency market is still relatively young – and is full of new companies offering new products. What they all need are the ‘three As’:
Airdrops (another A!) offer them the chance to achieve all of these. In order to get your free coins, you’ll normally have to carry out a small task – probably a social media post and/or like – which ensures they get some free publicity and a greater awareness of their project in the burgeoning crypto community. The coins that go into the accounts of the user – and, once taken up, by their followers help to create a core group of users that ensures a cryptocurrency can get off the ground.
Keen to get your hands on one of these free airdrops? Here’s a list of some live offers that you can take up in 2020:
There are 20,000 Tether (USDT) available in this airdrop from Geeq – a public blockchain platform.
To receive the airdrop, you need to:
- Register for a BitMax account.
- Complete the ‘know your customer’ verification process.
- Give both Geeq and BitMax a follow on Twitter.
- Like and retweet this tweet from BitMax.
- Join the Telegram groups for both Geeq and BitMax Telegram group.
- Fill in this airdrop form.
You’ll then receive up to 3.3 GEEQ for your efforts.
Bitcoin Lottery Airdrop
FreeBitcoin offers users the chance to earn – as the name suggests – free bitcoins when they roll a dice. You can make a new roll every hour and boost your winnings by placing a bet if you wish. For this airdrop:
- Make sure you register for FreeBitcoin.
- Roll the dice (as often as once an hour)
- Refer other users and you can earn 50% of their dice wins too.
There are 10,000 Cybercoins (CBR) up for grabs in this airdrop – although you just need to have sufficient Ethereum balance to pay for a transaction fee. You need to:
- Install a browser wallet.
- Head to Cybercoin’s airdrop page and follow the instructions.
- Use the correct Gas price and cover the fee in Ethereum.
There are 1,500 WebDollars (WEBD) up for grabs in this free crypto airdrop. Follow these steps to get yours:
- Visit this page to find the exact text you’ll need to post on social media.
- Follow WebDollar on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit or Telegram (at least one of these).
- Share your post – and wallet address with WebDollar to earn your free airdrop.
Swipe – a crypto wallet – is airdropping four million Swipe Tokens to people who hold BNB coins with Binance. Here’s how you can get them…
- Hold BNB coins in your wallet.
- SXP coins will be distributed based on the BNB balance each week.
- Read this post for details of how the coins are allocated.
Where to look for free airdrops
At Free Money, we love a good airdrop and we’re keen to share our favourites with you. But, if you’re hungry for more, there are some great places that are dedicated to find out the very latest deals. Given that these can quickly spring up and go again, it can pay to regularly look around for new free crypto airdrops.
Sources to search for upcoming airdrops
We’d recommend to look on:
- Reddit: There’s an active community that shares the last news on upcoming airdrops.
- Twitter: Another active forum for finding and sharing the latest information on new and upcoming airdrops.
- YouTube: Search for airdrops on for details of upcoming offers – as well as useful explainer videos that you’ll benefit from as a beginner. You’ll find influencers on here to follow and come back to.
Free crypto airdrop offer sites
There are also websites dedicated solely to the topics of free crypto airdrops. Here are some of the best to bookmark:
- Airdrops.io – This comprehensive site has daily updates of the latest airdrops, plus exclusive airdrops for its followers on social media.
- Coin Airdrops – This site has an excellent mailing list that’s well worth signing up to if you want to keep up with upcoming airdrops.
- Airdrop Alert – Haven’t got time to search around for upcoming airdrops? This aggregator actually allows you to automate airdrops directly into your account.
- Airdrop Bob – An easy-to-use and regularly-updated register of the latest airdrops to look out for.
- Cocoricos.io – An airdrop directory that clearly spells out the steps you’ll need to follow to earn free crypto
When searching for airdrops you need to be aware of the danger posed by scams. Just as with any financial offer or service online, there are people out there who wish to trick you in losing your money. Never give out your private key details – or enter into a deal that requires you to send cryptocurrency before you receive anything back. If a deal sounds way too good to be true, it probably is – so check out any deals you see by searching to see what others say. The forums mentioned above are a good gauge for genuine offers.
If you love a free crypto airdrop, then you’ll also love the rest of our crypto content. Find it all here.